2022 KAL & CAL's
To kick off 2022 we have not just one but, TWO knit-alongs to join in on! Becky and Sharon were inspired to knock out some gorgeous queued up patterns and we’d love to have you make them with us!
Join Becky as she leads the Oracle KAL. Cast on the Oracle or Half Oracle by Kristin Lehrer of Voolenvine. Join us in the shop or at home on January 1st with 3 skeins of fingering weight yarn.
Sharon will leading the Opus KAL also beginning January 1st! Cast on the Opus by Maxium Cyr in store or from your home.
These are both informal KALs, aiming to wrap up around March 1st, but as Stephen West says, “Its not a race, embrace your own pace”. You can use yarns from your stash or from the shop. You are welcome to gather in-store on Thursdays and Saturdays for the KAL.
Share your cast on and progress here on Ravelry or social media using the hashtag #TMSOracleKAL or #TMSOpusKAL or email us your photos!
Super-FOOT-bowl MAL! January 22nd-February 13th
Join your two team captains, Becky of Team Twinkle Toes, and Jan of Team FOOTBALLERS as y’all battle it out for winner of the Super-FOOT-Bowl!
The rules and regulations of the game:
- Participants will sign up (no cost!) by emailing or messaging and will be randomly assigned to either team with an even split.
- Socks must be cast on within the time period listed above (no WIPs please!).
- Knitters AND crocheters are invited to join!
- Socks will need to have a heel of some kind (no tube socks or plain ribbing heels aka magic heel).
- Afterthought, fish lips kiss, heel turn, etc are all welcome! Additionally, we are looking for socks to have at least two inches of leg (this can include the cuff).
- Fingering weight, sport weight and DK weight are all accepted.
- The shop will have a running board with each team’s stats throughout the challenge. When you finish a sock your team will recieve a point. A finished pair = 2 points.
- You can share a finished sock by emailing us, posting in the MAL ravelry page, posting to insta using the hashtag for your team (#tmstwinkletoes or #tmsfootballers) or bringing them into the shop.
- To be eligible for prizes we ask that you use yarn from the Modern Skein, but you can use any yarn and still participate.
- There will be PRIZES! We’ll announce them as we near the end of the MAL.
Save the Date! Westfjords Wanderer KAL Starting March 19th!
Details coming in February